[Xen-devel] netfront drops anything more than 25 pkts

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] netfront drops anything more than 25 pkts
From: Jad Naous <jnaous@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:31:36 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:32:18 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've written earlier to this list concerning building a
hardware-assisted network receive path. We have finished the prototype,
and done some testing, but are continuing our work for something more
general and usable.

We have rewritten our Xen code for the current xen-unstable, but we are
hitting this limit when we send too many packets (over 25) too quickly
to domU. After 25 packets, the upper layers (above netfront.c) drop all
packets that arrive. Note that the skbuffs keep getting passed to the
upper layer.

Would someone kindly illuminate why this happens, when this queue
empties, and where (in the code) this takes place?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Jad Naous.