Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-changelog] [PAE] Allow pgdirs above 4GB for par

To: "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-changelog] [PAE] Allow pgdirs above 4GB for paravirt guests.
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 00:20:12 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:25:30 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 27 May 2006, at 17:23, Nakajima, Jun wrote:

With that patch, it hangs like that:

(XEN)

I don't see anything after (XEN).

A quick debugging tells me that one processor is waiting at
smp_call_function and the other one has a bogus CR3, i.e. all four PDPT
entries are 0. I'll take a look later today if I have time.

I haven't yet reproduced this, but that may be because I've just found that SMP boot for domain0 without CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU is broken (I end up booting domain0 with a single processor, which isn't the behaviour we used to have). I'll fix that regression first and then when I have SMP domain0 hopefully I'll be able to repro the bug.

 -- Keir