Re: [Xen-users] Xen + QEMU Accelerator

Has anybody tried to use QEMU Accelerator (kqemu) with Xen? Any luck
with improving performance then?

I rather doubt that it'll work - it bangs the hardware direcly in a few ways that isn't allowed for Xen guests.

The most promising approach would probably be a port of the QVM86 module (an open source accelerator for Qemu) but this is unable to accelerate kernel-mode code and is therefore limited compared to Fabrice's kqemu.

From a quick reading of the code, I suspect that more abstraction would be
necessary to encapsulate the direct hardware manipulations.

I'm cc-ing xen-devel in case anybody there has looked at / thought about / talked abut this. Any further posters should remove xen-devel if they have usage-related queries, since we like to keep that list solely for development-related traffic.

Cheers,
mark