Re: [Xen-devel] CFLAGS are for C compilers and other Unix traditions

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] CFLAGS are for C compilers and other Unix traditions
From: ramsdell@xxxxxxxxx (John D. Ramsdell)
Date: 21 May 2006 13:12:31 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:12:59 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The note I sent contained a misstatement.  TARGET_ARCH is being set in
the Mini-OS Makefile, not ../../Config.mk.  I meant to say that to get
all Xen Makefiles to use TARGET_ARCH and TARGET_MACH as they were
intended would be a pain.  Target information is currently being
placed into CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, and one would have to be careful to
separate the information correctly.  Not worth it.

John