Re: 答复: [Xen-devel] Kernel 2.4?

To: Yuzhong Sun <yuzhongsun@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 答复: [Xen-devel] Kernel 2.4?
From: Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:35:06 -0600
Cc: 'Vincent Hanquez' <tab@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:44:35 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yuzhong Sun wrote:
> In fact, we are trying to build a virtual cluster on a set of VMs on top
> of Xen. OpenMosix or Open SSI are available open-source cluster
> management tools. Do you know the better guys?

sure. You can build virtual bproc clusters. bproc is a much lighter
weight system than opemmosix or openssi. We run 12,000 CPUs of cluster
here at LANL with bproc. It's very nice.

If you are interested I can get you a writeup on how we did this. The
work was done about 18 months ago.

for more info on bproc, see clustermatic.org. The next-gen bproc we are
doing, called xcpu, is even lighter weight than bproc, and runs on any
kernel, though for full capability it is good to have kernels >=2.6.14

ron