RE: [Xen-devel] Minix as an HVM guest crashes

To: "Jonathan M. McCune" <jonmccune@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Minix as an HVM guest crashes
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:34:34 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:34:13 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a typical dump of a unimplemented opcode in hvm/platform.c.

I'm not quite sure which opcode it's trying to execute, but I'm sure
this is why it's failing. I'm also confused as to the base address of
the instruction, because the 31A7 instruction is a "add $10, %esp",
which shouldn't be page-faulting. One possibility is that the base of
the CS register isn't zero, in which case the dump of the instruction
bytes is bogus...

I doubt that the Latest Xen will fix anything.

--
Mats