Re: [Xen-devel] 4 Processors initialized but only one in /proc/cpuinfo

To: Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 4 Processors initialized but only one in /proc/cpuinfo
From: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:21:33 -0500
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:22:03 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-05-12 13:06]:
> This is about a blade that I am using. It has 2 processors with
> hyperthreading. I see that the Xen brings up 4 processors (xm dmesg) and
> I see that domain 0 initializes 4 processors (dmesg). However, I only
> see one processor in /proc/cpuinfo. Any (obvious) configuration that I
> might have done wrong on this machine?

Try running xm vcpu-set 0 4, this should restore dom0's vcpus to 4.

The previous enforce_dom0_cpus test case didn't properly restore vcpu
availability for dom0 and when starting xend, it may have restored the
state from xenstore to dom0.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx