RE: [Xen-devel] xm mem-set issues

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] xm mem-set issues
From: "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:26:03 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:26:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Possibly. Perhaps a min-mem parameter in the xend config file or
> something like that.

I see that there is a dom0-min-mem parameter in the xend config file.
But I am able to do "xm mem-set 0 32M" and shoot myself in the foot. :-)
I guess the parameter is having no effect. I will look into this.

> The bug here is that 'xm list' shows the current target allocation for
> the guest (as specified to mem-set) rather than what the guest is
> currently using. It'd be good to fix this.

I thought the balloon driver was going through with the increase. I will
send in a fix for this too.

And for the mem-set to less that 2% of initial memory issue, I am
assuming the check should go in the balloon driver. Am I right?

Thanks,
Aravindh