[Xen-devel] NE2000 support in HVM domain

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] NE2000 support in HVM domain
From: Steve Dobbelstein <steved@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:43:49 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:44:23 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NE2000 rather than the emulated PCnet?  I have Linux running in an HVM
domain just fine with pcnet.  If I change the config file to say ne2000=1,
the tun0, vif0.1, and xenbr0 devices get created in dom0, the kernel in the
HVM domain brings up eth0 OK (NE2000 support is built into the kernel), but
I can't get dom0 to talk with the HVM domain.  ping in either direction
(dom0 to domU and domU to dom0) says "Destination Host Unreachable".  dmesg
in domU shows no errors.

Any ideas?

Steve D.