Re: [Xen-devel] Deficiencies in guest bootloader design

To: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Deficiencies in guest bootloader design
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:40:56 -0500
Cc: Michael Paesold <mpaesold@xxxxxx>, Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:41:23 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ewan Mellor wrote:
On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:24:44AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Just as a warning, it's not going to be simple to run something like pygrub from Xend. The reason it runs from xm now is that it needs to interact with the user. If it were launched from Xend, it need to find a way to attach to a PTY that xenconsoled would use so that it can display the text over the normal console before actually launching the domain.

It's certainly not impossible but it touches quite a few things.

So how _is_ the virtual frame buffer coming along?  ;-)

Yeah, I've talked to Jeremy about the fact that the virtual frame buffer just makes the situation 100 times worse :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Ewan.