Re: [Xen-devel] PATCH: console bug fixes

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PATCH: console bug fixes
From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:53:54 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 05:10:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
While I realize this was done that way before, I'd recommend not storing zeroes
when clearing a line, but rather spaces with a proper attribute (which will
make the console better cooperate with dom0-s potentially doing non-standard
things - especially when debugging I happen to output stuff to the screen
without going through printk and the like). Of course, this implies not using
memset here. Jan

>>> Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx> 13.04.06 10:58:04 >>>
Hi,

small patch to fix memcpy misuses in console.c
Tested on ia64 only.

Tristan.