Re: [Xen-devel] Error: Received invalid response from Xend, twice.

To: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Error: Received invalid response from Xend, twice.
From: Andrew Thompson <andrewkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:16:16 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 03:40:13 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 01:56:37PM +0100, Ewan Mellor wrote:
> The message "Error: Received invalid response from Xend, twice." means that
> Xend has crashed whilst xm was talking to it, xm has retried, and it has
> crashed again.  There is a known bug with this happening very intermittently,
> but if you are seeing this permanently, I'd say yes, your strange compiler
> options are almost certainly to blame.  You might try a full clean make with
> those options turned on (you might have a mixed build by accident) but
> otherwise, I think you're on your own, sorry.

Yesterday, I think, I discovered the line in my xend.log that confirms your
diagnosis:

[2006-04-03 13:26:16 xend] CRITICAL (SrvDaemon:190) Xend died due to signal 9!
Restarting it.

I have tweaked the Gentoo CFLAGS and have an emerge -e world in progress. I
will update the list afterwards.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/