[Xen-devel] reading time value in dom0 and domU kernels

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] reading time value in dom0 and domU kernels
From: "sanjay kumar" <sanjay.kushwaha@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:19:03 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 08:19:22 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Folks,
I want to calculate latency in transferring a buffer from domU kernel to dom0 kernel and vice versa. for that I need a time 'flavour' (cycle counter time?) which reads the same in dom0 and domU. Could someone please let me know if cycle counter time is the right time to use? if not then which one (system time or wall clock time)? Also could someone please tell me how to read to read this timer value.

if I use rdtsc() in both dom0 and domU, will it give me the same time value?

Thanks,
Sanjay