Re: [Xen-devel] BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!

To: "Christopher S. Aker" <caker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:16:40 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:16:25 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 5 Apr 2006, at 03:39, Christopher S. Aker wrote:

These are happening every few minutes, for four domains, and rising. Machine is under somewhat high disk load (lots of scp processes copying large file systems, cfq disk sched).

xen_changeset: Sun Mar 26 11:50:39 2006 +0100 9441:30ae67d6e5f0

Those domain have now zombified and are unkillable. I'll grab the latest updates and reboot the box.

Since it looks like a problem with the blkback kernel thread, it's worth doing:
 echo 1 >/sys/module/blkback/parameters/debug_lvl

That may get some kernel tracing (at level KERN_DEBUG) from that thread and we can see if it's got into a bad looping state.

 -- Keir