Re: [Xen-devel] vbd devices stuck in Initialising/InitWait

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 09:53:47AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> On 30 Mar 2006, at 04:50, Christopher S. Aker wrote:
>
> >So, commenting out the code above makes everything work.  15 reboots
> >and all the devices have show up every time.
> >
> >I don't know why the first call to xenbus_switch_state() isn't really
> >writing out the value to xenstore. xenbus_printf() isn't returning an
> >error, but still the value fails to make it into the store.  That's
> >the best of my understanding at the moment...
>
> There is a logging mode you can turn on in xenstored and get a dump of
> all requests and actions taken by the daemon. I think it dumps to
> stdout. That might help determine whether the requests get as far as
> the daemon and, if so, what it is doing with them.

Actually, you need to export XENSTORED_TRACE=1 before starting Xend (putting
that in your init script and rebooting is the easiest way) and then you get
the logs in /var/log/xenstored-trace.log.  You need to reboot, rather than
merely restart the daemons.

Ewan.