Re: [Xen-devel] [RFH] xen domain0 failover stuff

To: Don Zickus <dzickus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [RFH] xen domain0 failover stuff
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:38:10 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:42:12 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 27 Mar 2006, at 23:08, Don Zickus wrote:

I am ignorantly trying to find a way to start a second domain0 when the
first domain0 crashes. My original intent was to find a way to collect a core file much in the same way the domainU core files are collected on a
linux box.

I managed to hack in some hooks to get a second domain0 loaded and started upon a crash. However, I am stuck without console output, ie printk() is not working. Oddly, early_printk() works fine and I can sort of track the progress of the second domain0 as it boots. So my first question is how does the serial console (not vga) magic work for a domain0 kernel? Do I
have to set some internal domain bits to have the console output
redirected to the serial port as opposed to userspace and xend (ala
domainU kernels)?

The new domain0 must have SIF_INITDOMAIN flag set in its start_info flags.

 -- Keir