RE: [Xen-devel] Problem bringing up 32-bit Sles 9 on a Dom-VT

To: "Zhao, Yunfeng" <yunfeng.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>, "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Problem bringing up 32-bit Sles 9 on a Dom-VT
From: "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:27:39 +0800
Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 02:29:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Raj
>
>Most vmx guests of us,like SLES9 IA32/IA32e, SLES10 IA32,
>Windows XP SP1/SP2 IA32,windows 2003 IA32,RHEL4U1/2 IA32/IA32e
>and FC3/4 IA32/IA32e, were installed from cdrom/iso by ourself.
>But there are some other linux OSes still could not be
>installed in VMX, like sles10 ia32e and FC2 ia32/ia32e guests.
>To create these guests, you may need to install these native
>linuxs on a physical machine ,and copy all files under / into
>a guest image, and then install grub on the image.
>You also can try to use qemu to install it.
>
>BTW: To install IA32e linux guests you need to add "noacpi
>nolapic" to the kernel.

I think this is not necessary any more :-), but you need enable acpi and apic
option in your config file.

BTW, we VMX do support SMP guest on xen now, but changeset 9366 breaks ap
bringing up from real mode, and I'm fixing it.
If you have any other issue when using SMP kernel, pls tell me.
thanks

-Xin