[Xen-devel] Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/24] VMI i386 Linux virtualization interfac

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/24] VMI i386 Linux virtualization interface proposal
From: Chuck Ebbert <76306.1226@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:56:36 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:16:55 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:25:22 +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> I agree with Zach here, the Xen hypervisor <-> kernel interface is
> not very nice.  This proposal seems like a step forward althogh it'll
> probably need to go through a few iterations.  Without and actually
> useable opensource hypevisor reference implementation it's totally
> unacceptable, though.

I'd like to see a test harness implementation that has no actual
hypervisor functionality and just implements the VMI calls natively.
This could be used to test the interface and would provide a nice
starting point for those who want to write a VMI hypervisor.

--
Chuck
"Penguins don't come from next door, they come from the Antarctic!"