RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [XenPPC] Re: IRQs delivery.

To: "Jimi Xenidis" <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [XenPPC] Re: IRQs delivery.
From: "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:39:06 +0800
Cc: Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 03:40:48 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jimi Xenidis wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2006, at 3:41 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>
>> I don't see any fairness or latency problems [except when we are
>> dealing with event channel].
>
> Problem exists:
> If you defer the delivery of an IO interrupt because the VCPU is
> masking them
> --and--
> If the domain can unmask interrupts without the hypervisor knowing

Yes. Besides these,
Co-exist of event channel and guest LSAPIC (Similar with LAPIC) cause
messy of priority issues between event and guest IRQs.

Only with getting rid of vLSAPIC, the priority can be all fairly managed

by the event channel mechanism.
Eddie