RE: [Xen-devel] Re: IRQs delivery.

To: "Hollis Blanchard" <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: IRQs delivery.
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:03:32 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 03:05:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I may put some word on this, since simple "PIC" is not clear term here.
The interrupt architecture on IA64 is called SAPIC (Steamlined Advanced
Programmable Interrupt Controller), which is mostly like APIC architecture
on X86. For example, there're also two parts: IOSAPIC and Local SAPIC,
with IOSAPIC sitting in the chipset, while Local SAPIC part of processor.
Part of Local SAPIC is virtualized due to processor virtualization, like
registers. MMIO of Local SAPIC like PIB/XTP and IOSAPIC are handled
differently, and that's the part we're proposing strongly to reuse same
xen/x86 event channel mechanism on xen-ia64 mailing list now.

Hope helps.

Thanks,
Kevin