Re: [Xen-devel] XenMon's first reading

To: Tim Freeman <tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] XenMon's first reading
From: Rob Gardner <rob.gardner@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:27:55 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:28:50 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tim Freeman wrote:

In XenMon's file appending mode, a lot of times I'll get a strange first data
point, e.g., the cpu% for dom0 will be 99.9 but the rest of the readings will be
19-21 which are sane for the run.  I've been throwing the data point out, but
was curious about it. Is it unavoidable?

This problem has been reported before, but since it's so easy to work around it, we haven't put much priority on fixing it. I'm sure it's avoidable behavior. ;)

Rob