Re: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen-HVM Builds: cs9186

To: Xen Developers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen-HVM Builds: cs9186
From: Rick Gonzalez <rcgneo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:39:13 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:42:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dan Smith wrote:

RG> I should be including that in the daily reports. I'll do that from
RG> now on. :)

Yes, that would be helpful.

RG> Attached is the *.output file from this run.

It would be most helpful to just have the relevant parts.  There is no
need to spam the list with lots of success messages :)

RG> [dom0] Running `xm create /tmp/xm-test.conf'
RG> Using config file "/tmp/xm-test.conf".
RG> Error: Device 768 (vbd) could not be connected.
RG> File /usr/xen/xen-unstable.hg/tools/xm-test/ramdisk/disk.img is
loopback-mounted through /dev/loop0,
RG> which is mounted in a guest domain,
RG> and so cannot be mounted now.
RG> Failed to create domain

Hmm, this seems to be the source of all of the "Failed to create
domain" messages.

Are you running anything else on the box while the tests are running?
If you are doing something else that attaches the disk.img to loop0
while running the test, then the tests are going to fail.
I am not running anything else while xm-test is running.

If not, can you send the output of the following command after a run?

 xenstore-list /local/domain/0/backend/vbd
I will get this information soon.

That will tell us if something is getting stuck in the store and
erroneously preventing you from starting another domain with the same
image.  I think this is the most likely scenario, as it let you create
all the domains up until about test 11_create.

Thanks!