[Xen-devel] Guest/Xen memory parameters

To: Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Guest/Xen memory parameters
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:21:50 +0000
Cc: Jimi Xenidis <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:22:12 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hollis, Jimi,

I had a go at the Xen changes needed to support different memory passing schemes. See the changes in public/memory.h and xen/guest_access.h. I think it does what you require and also has the advantage of keeping pointer type checking. It has the disadvantage that you have to define a structural type for each different 'type' of handle you want to deal with, and the type names can't contain whitespace.

The names and interfaces can be changed if we come up with something better. When we're happy with the changes we can apply them to other hypercalls too.

 -- Keir