Re: [Xen-devel] xen-2.0 + linux-2.6.15?

On 28 Feb 2006, at 12:12, Nils Toedtmann wrote:

That's a choice between two evils ... any experiences comparing
stability of 2.0 vs. 3.0? (Of cause there is no xen-3.0.x system with
uptime>90d ;-)

It would be great if someone upgraded the 2.0 kernel,

true

but the core developers are busy with 3.0.

Comprehensible. So no xen-2 release on the roadmap? Then i'll have to
move to xen-3, too many sec issues with < 2.6.15.4  :(

In fact the current 3.0 stable release (3.0.1) uses 2.6.12 too. The unstable tree uses 2.6.16-rc5. We'll probably do a 3.0.2 release around the time of 2.6.16-final. Plenty of people have been beating up on 3.0 and even using it in production use -- I think its stability is pretty good (but as you say, we have no really trustworthy objective metric for measuring stability relative to 2.0 right now).

 -- Keir