[Xen-devel] [RFC] SMP & DEBUG config options

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] [RFC] SMP & DEBUG config options
From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:57:56 -0500 (EST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:10:21 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lately a lot of the Xen problems we have run into are related
to bugs that only trigger when using the DEBUG config options
and/or SMP.

I wonder if it would make sense to have those enabled in the
default install, so developers can notice bugs in their own
code before it gets committed and shipped off to dozens of
other developers elsewhere - who then have to spend days
trying to track down which changeset caused the problem...

Is there any good reason that the DEBUG config options and
SMP are not enabled in the default configuration?

--
All Rights Reversed