RE: [Xen-devel] Uses of &frame_table[xfn]

To: "Cihula, Joseph" <joseph.cihula@xxxxxxxxx>, "Muli Ben-Yehuda" <mulix@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Uses of &frame_table[xfn]
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:38:54 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:43:59 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:24 PM,  Muli Ben-Yehuda <> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 02:16:21PM -0800, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs
> > Fort Collins) wrote:
> >
> >> On a related note, what is the cleanest way from Linux to
> >> determine if it is running as domain0 or not?
> >
> > Various places check (xen_start_info->flags & SIF_INITDOMAIN).

Thanks Muli!

> You could also read your domid from xenstore or using libxenctrl.
>
> But a better question, especially as we move forward with dom0
> disagregation and privilege reduction, is what do you want to do based
> on this information?

You are correct that I was asking the wrong question.
What I want to ask is:  How do I determine if this is
a domain that is running a backend driver and has access
to physical devices?  On Xen/ia64 right now, that is the
same question, but it will be different in the future.

Thanks,
Dan