Re: [Xen-devel] please help: remote gdb

On 16 Dec 2005, at 18:01, King, Steven R wrote:

Do the directions given in tools/debugger/gdb/README work now?
Everything goes OK, except when my domU hits the breakpoint, the INT3 is
caught by the local kernel which terminates my process.  I've tried
domu_debug=y and all that.  I also tried Kip's ptrace_enable.patch, but
I don't know if there is something else I need to do to get that working
correctly.

Any guidance much appreciated!!

The gdb server is intended for debugging the domU kernel. If you place int3 in userspace code the trap will not be propagated to the gdb server.

 -- Keir