[Xen-devel] Vesa compatible card not detected by dom0 kernel

To: "'xen-devel'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Vesa compatible card not detected by dom0 kernel
From: "Miao Feng" <miaofeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:51:56 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:55:21 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi list:

   i found that my vesa card cant be detected by the dom0 kernel and subsequently vesafb cant be brought up successfully, we do not mention X.org system here. Seems that it is caused by the absence of the video probing code, that originally packed in linux kernel (video.S).

   that code is 16-bit mode oriented, but not feat for dom0 booting up procedure. Do you think it is reasonable to past it on xen kernel?

Miao Feng

Star SoftComm(China) Ltd