RE: [Xen-devel] Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domU stoppedwork

To: "Ewan Mellor" <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domU stoppedworking
From: "Dave Thompson \(davetho\)" <davetho@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:29:19 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 18:30:17 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ewan,

You were right, the udevd was crashing with a bus error.  I ran in gdb
and the backtrace was huge.  There were no debug symbols so I couldn't
really tell what it was trying to do.

I downloaded the src for udev-068, compiled, and installed a new udevd
in /sbin.  This works and I can now successfully start my guest domain.
Strange that the original udevd didn't work when booted with the dom0
kernel.

Thanks for the help!

Dave