[Xen-devel] Re: Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domU?stopped wor

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domU?stopped working
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 00:26:15 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:28:35 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Given that the current install.sh more or less copies what is in
install/ into /, I think that making uninstall.sh work based on what is
in install/ would be quite workable.  Though it might be good to make a
list of what install.sh installs, bassed on what is in install/ at the
time it runs, rather than using what is in install/ at the time that it
runs, as the two may differ.

On a related note, I have a proposed patch to make install.sh cope with
being run as non-root, and cope with customised umasks. When I say cope,
it actually runs just fine, but leaving, for instance, /lib owned
by user.user, mode 700, as happens when I run the existing version
of my self with my usual umask, 0077, is not entirely fun afterwards.

--
Horms