RE: [Xen-devel] Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domUstopped work

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, "Ewan Mellor" <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domUstopped working
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:54:59 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:55:59 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > I'd like to see a "uninstall.sh". I did for a short while consider
> > writing one myself. I know that most people aren't going to
> uninstall
> > Xen - it's such a lovely product that no one in their right
> mind would
> > uninstall it, right? - but particularly for us developers,
> it would be
> > nice to have something that removes ALL remains of the Xen
> > installation.
> > I had severe problems because I tried to install 64-bit Xen
> on top of
> > a 32-bit installation and all sorts of bits and pieces got very
> > confused.
>
> "make uninstall" is an attempt at this, but I suspect it
> hasn't been kept up to date.
>
> It would be good to update it, and try and add stuff to
> remove older versions as well.

Except "make uninstall" only works if your build machine and target
system are the same (or at least if you have enough of the tree of
makefiles copied to your target-system). My idea is to have something
similar to install.sh that can be copied from one machine to another,
and still do the right thing.

--
Mats