[Xen-devel] `make install` error with gcc-4.0

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] `make install` error with gcc-4.0
From: "Jonathan M. McCune" <jonmccune@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:51:02 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:50:59 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello xen team,

I've built changeset 8112 of xen-unstable on a 2.0 GHz x86 P4 Debian testing box with gcc version 4.0.2 (Debian 4.0.2-2) by simply doing a pull and then running `make`. The first time I ran `make install` I got an error about the system being unable to find gcc-3.3. I became emotional and created a symlink in /usr/bin from gcc-3.3 to gcc-4.0. The install completed successfully.

Thinking I would report this to this mailing list, I did a `make uninstall`, deleted my symlink, and attempted to recreate the problem. It did not recur, and for this I apologize because it makes this email a pretty vague bug report. Still, I thought it was worth reporting.

Keep up the good work,
-Jon