AW: [Xen-devel] Problem with vif - help!!!!

I can't exacly figure out what you mean.
Here is my vif-bridge:

# Enslaves the vif interface to the bridge and adds iptables rules
# for its ip addresses (if any).
#
# down:
# Removes the vif interface from the bridge and removes the iptables
# rules for its ip addresses (if any).
#===========================================================================
=

set -x

dir=$(dirname "$0")
. "$dir/vif-common.sh"

bridge=${bridge:-}
bridge=$(xenstore_read_default "$XENBUS_PATH/bridge" "$bridge")

if [ -z "$bridge" ]
then
  bridge=$(brctl show | cut -d "
" -f 2 | cut -f 1)

  if [ -z "$bridge" ]
  then
     fatal "Could not find bridge, and none was specified"
  fi
fi

case "$command" in
    online)
        if brctl show | grep "$vif" >&/dev/null
        then
          log debug "$vif already attached to a bridge"
          exit 0
        fi

        brctl addif "$bridge" "$vif" ||
          fatal "brctl addif $bridge $vif failed"

        ifconfig "$vif" up || fatal "ifconfig $vif up failed"
        ;;

    offline)
        # vifs are auto-removed from bridge.
        ifconfig "$vif" down || fatal "ifconfig $vif down failed"
        ;;
esac

handle_iptable

log debug "Successful vif-bridge operation for $vif, bridge $bridge."
success
                                                              74,1
Bot

*****
Is set -x in correct position?

And my udev.conf looks now like this.

[root@ingpcxen002 log]# vi /etc/udev/udev.conf
# udev.conf
# The main config file for udev
#
# This file can be used to override some of udev's default values
# for where it looks for files, and where it places device nodes.
#
# WARNING: changing any value, can cause serious system breakage!
#

# udev_root - where in the filesystem to place the device nodes
udev_root="/dev/"

# udev_db - The name and location of the udev database.
udev_db="/dev/.udev.tdb"

# udev_rules - The name and location of the udev rules file
udev_rules="/etc/udev/rules.d/"

# udev_permissions - The name and location of the udev permission file
udev_permissions="/etc/udev/permissions.d/"

#udev log
#udevcontrol
log_priority="debug"

# default_mode - set the default mode for all nodes that have no
#                explicit match in the permissions file
default_mode="0600"

# default_owner - set the default owner for all nodes that have no
#                 explicit match in the permissions file
default_owner="root"

# default_group - set the default group for all nodes that have no
#                 explicit match in the permissions file
default_group="root"

# udev_log - set to "yes" if you want logging, else "no"
udev_log="yes"

Is this also correct?????

Thomas Diederich

*  Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co.KG
*  A Informationsverarbeitung / Diplomant Systemtechnik
*
*  Mail: diederit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx