[Xen-devel] request for the hotplug scripts

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] request for the hotplug scripts
From: Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:42:24 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:42:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello!

  I have a question for the hotplug scripts that are used for the network, block and soon the TPM interface. Would it be possible if an environment variable 'REASON' was set that reflects whether a domain was 'creat'ed or 'resume'd after a suspend. This can be very helpful in initializing devices differently depending on the 'reason', such as a 'reset' if it is 'created' and not doing a 'reset' if it was resumed. I would try to add this 'REASON' variable myself - but where for example is the 'ACTION' being set? I see XENBUS_PATH and XENBUS_TYPE stem from xenbus_probe.c, but I could not find the origin of the 'ACTION' variable.

Cheers!
 Stefan