Re: [Xen-devel] Final pre-xenbus-change USB patch

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 15:12 +0000, Ewan Mellor wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:00:21AM +0000, harry wrote:
>
> > Here's the final snapshot before I try to update to the latest,
> > Ewan-flavoured xenbus.
>
> Speaking of which, do you need any help with this?  If you've got code that
> works with the old tree, I'm happy to give you a hand moving over to the new
> one.

You probably have more urgent things to do but if you'd like to play
around with the new USB code and try to load/unload modules and kill
FE/BE domains etc then you might find that useful for flushing out bugs
in the new xenbus code. The USB driver used to be fairly robust against
these dynamic changes but seems more fragile now.

> I thought you were using your own abstraction layer anyway though, so I don't
> know how much of your stuff will be broken.

BTW, xenidc is no more an "abstraction layer" than xenbus.  xenidc is a
service implementing a high-level inter-domain communication and
bulk-data transfer API.  i.e. it actually implements a big chunk of
useful code and it's not simply a different set of names for the
underlying grant-table and xenbus APIs.