Re: [Xen-devel] Hotplug script not working

To: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Hotplug script not working
From: Hien Nguyen <hien1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:32:24 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:32:18 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I openned bug#392 on bugzilla and post more details on there.

Regards,

 Hien Nguyen
 Linux Technology Center             AUSTIN
 Phone: (512) 838-4140            Tie Line: 678-4140
 e-mail: hien1@xxxxxxxxxx

Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/09/2005 10:08 AM

Hien Nguyen/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc
xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:03:35AM -0600, Hien Nguyen wrote:

> I did xend stop, then xend start, and recreate domU. The same error
> occurred;
>
> Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.
>
> I turned set -x on the following scripts: network-route, vif-route. But
> nothing showed on xend-debug.log. It seemed that some scripts didn't run

> or exited with errors.

Do you get anything in /var/log/{debug,messages,syslog}?

Ewan.