RE: [Xen-devel] errno i xs_wire.h

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] errno i xs_wire.h
From: "Everhart, Craig" <Craig.Everhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:59:15 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:59:30 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, trusting that different OS's will map errno names to the same
integers is asking for trouble.  Doing it right means translating
the values between domains.  Harry had it right with "local" and
"wire" error values, translating between them.

There's overlap in the mappings, particularly for some of the
smallest error values, but it's best not to be seduced by
the overlap into assuming it continues.

        Craig