[Xen-devel] Xenolinux and applications in same protection domain

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xenolinux and applications in same protection domain
From: "Purav Saraiya" <purav@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 02:41:05 -0500 (EST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:41:56 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I want to remove the protection between xenolinux and its applications. We
have different privilege levels which provide protection to from the user
space.

Hence, in order to remove the protection, the user applications should
also run on privilege level 1. This can be done by seting the DPL field in
all the Global and local descriptors to 1.

It would be nice if some one could point out where in the kernel code
should I make changes to achieve this. Bascially I want to set the DPL
field in all the descriptors to 1.

Any pointers in this direction will be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Purav