Re: [Xen-devel] xen ChangeSet 7572 test report to xen mailing list.

To: dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:19:37 -0800
Cc: Helix-vmm <helix-vmm@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Zheng, Jeff" <jeff.zheng@xxxxxxxxx>, "Shi, Kuiliang" <kuiliang.shi@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:16:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
David -
It is a matter of developer inclination. Arun Sharma was a FreeBSD committer at one point, so when he was doing VT-x work for Intel he tested with unmodified FreeBSD as well as Linux. Judging from the OpenBSD community's response to xen and OS virtualization in general, odds are that no one currently in possession of a VT-x box is actively involved with OpenBSD.

Processors with VT-x enabled have been supposed to ship "any day now" since sometime in Q2. When they do ship I'm sure that any OpenBSD specific issues in xen's VT-x support will be quickly fixed.

     -Kip

On 11/1/05, Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 01 November 2005 20:31, Shi, Kuiliang wrote:
> We have test latest xen (ChangeSet 7572) on VT platform
> with Intel 915 chipset and Here is the test summary:

I didn't see any tests of BSD systems running unmodified.
Any chance of running (unmodified) OpenBSD 3.8 (Just released 11/1)
under VT and reporting the results?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel
--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,