[Xen-devel] VT-VMX: monitor_table not zeroed when entering alloc_monitor

Subject: [Xen-devel] VT-VMX: monitor_table not zeroed when entering alloc_monitor_pagetable
From: Daniel Stekloff <dsteklof@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:20:34 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:17:45 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm hitting an ASSERT in alloc_monitor_pagetable() with debug=y and I
can reproduce the condition when debug isn't on. The monitor_table is
not zeroed when entering alloc_monitor_pagetable() - this happens when I
create a vmx guest. I'm not sure why this happening at first glance.

File: xen/arch/x86/shadow32.c
Line: 689
System: VT/VMX FC3 x86_32 (I can reproduce on FC4 x86_64 too)

ASSERT(pagetable_get_paddr(v->arch.monitor_table) == 0);

The monitor_table should be zeroed before coming into this function by
free_monitor_pagetable(), unless monitor_vtable is already zeroed.

File: xen/arch/x86/shadow32.c
Line: 935

        if ( v->arch.monitor_vtable )
        {