Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3.0 for AMD Pacifica

> I know. I have both. What I was asking is whether the info in those
> documents is sufficient to make Xen work with  the hardware of both chips,
> or is additional info needed (and still not available)?

Well, apart from the code from Intel we also have had VT SDVs in Cambridge for
quite some time and so are able to test stuff for ourselves.  I'm not sure
what the status is for AMD: but there's always SimNow for development /
testing.  So in both cases there's some sort of reference implementation to
work with.

> Pacifica has a new paging mode (paged real mode) made possible by the
> Opteron on-chip memory controller. This feature is not present in VT.

My initial impression of Pacifica was "much like VT, but with more
goodies" ;-)

Cheers,
Mark