Re: [Xen-devel] USB frontend and backend disappeared from latest unstabl

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] USB frontend and backend disappeared from latest unstable tree
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:45:35 +0100
Cc: Harry Butterworth <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sanjay kumar <sanjay.kushwaha@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:43:34 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hiya all,

Should have posted on this thread ages ago but was tied up with other stuff.

> >  Could someone please tell me if this was intended (and why?) or is it
> > a mistake?
>
> Yes, it didn't work at all. There's a new driver being developed out of
> tree I believe, by IBM.

Sanjay: if you really want to play with it, you'd need to look at an older
version of xen-unstable.  The implementation worked pretty nicely (supported
isochronous devices like webcams before VMWare did, which I was rather
pleased about) - unfortunately it became impossible to maintain after 2.4
dom0 support was withdrawn.

Harry is working on a port to Linux 2.6.

Cheers,
Mark