[Xen-devel] bug report

To: "Xen development list" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] bug report
From: Stephan Böni <boeni@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:47:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:44:41 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In the last days i've found two heavy bugs. Is someone working on it?

1. Time stopped (Build 7398)

When starting a domU the system time (in dom0) stopps for a few
seconds and sometimes forever. With disabled Hyperthreading or
maxcpus=1 all works fine.

2. Mounting lots of drives (Build 7398)

Some device nodes (/dev/hd*) are missing in a domU. I can find
in /var/log/messages an interesting thing. For all 16 configured
devices i've found an entry like:
"...xen1 logger: /etc/xen/scripts/block: bind ..."
But only for 9 devices i've found an entry like:
"...xen1 logger: /etc/xen/scripts/block: Writing backend/vbd/1/..."
On the second try to start the domU i've found 12 "Writing backend"
entries and on the third try 10 of them.
If the root device (/dev/hda1) is one of them, i cannot logon
to my domU. The missing /dev/hd*'s are these ones, which haven't
a "Writing backend" entry in the /var/log/messages file.
Interesting thing: I had never this problem with file devices, only
with lvm devices.

Stephan