RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 boot problem

To: Stephan Böni <boeni@xxxxxx>, <githogori@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 boot problem
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:04:55 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:02:15 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> >     Attached is my config file for Xen 3.0 and QLogic as a module.
>
> It does not work. The boot process hangs on mpt scsi
> recovery, even before any qla adapter is configured.

Does your system actually need the mpt driver? Can you just compile it out or
remove the module?

I note that you boot with acpi=off (for both xen and native). What goes wrong
if you have it on?  Have you checked you have the latest BIOS for your system?

Ian