Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xenrt phases

To: Paul Larson <pl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xenrt phases
From: James Bulpin <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:14:13 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:11:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I should also point out that VT tests in Phase 5 will only be publically viewable when there are retail VT-based systems to run tests on.

James

James Bulpin wrote:
Paul Larson wrote:

Do you have anything detailing what the goal of each phase in Xenrt is? Phases 4 and 5 seem to be pretty much identical.

There should be some detail available as hovertips for the phase descriptions (although this may only work on Firefox :( ). From the database:

('Phase 0', 'Building, installation and booting of Xen, preparation of the machine for the test sequence.', 0L)
('Phase 1', 'Domain 0 uniprocessor tests', 1L)
('Phase 2', 'Domain 1 uniprocessor tests', 2L)
('Phase 3', 'Inter-domain network tests', 3L)
('Phase 4', 'Domain 2 SMP tests', 4L)
('Phase 5', 'VT unmodified kernel tests', 5L)
('Phase 6', 'Stress testing', 6L)
('Phase 7', 'Stress testing combined with tools testing', 7L)
('Phase 8', 'Domain and machine shutdown', 8L)

Cheers,
James