Re: [Xen-devel] split mapping in clear_kernel_mapping()

On 5 Oct 2005, at 22:20, Langsdorf, Mark wrote:

Line 724 of init.c has a comment saying
"could handle this, but it should not happen currently.*/

How should I be handling the split mapping?

internal dmesg log attached.

The code assumes kernel space is mapped with 2MB superpages. This isn;t the case on Xen, hence the warning. In a perfect world we should free up the pagetable page pointed at by the pmd entry. However, in practise not doing this will not burn much memory.

The best fix is probably to wrap that check and warning in #ifndef CONFIG_XEN.

 -- Keir