Re: [Xen-devel] Transactions and watches

What snapshot of unstable are you using?

The only thing different about transactions is that slow things down a bit. It would indicate you're seeing race conditions.

Note, that I've not been able to recreate the problems you're having with your code. What OS are you using? Do you have patches against unstable?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

Hmm it is not too simple, but if I run the code below as is, domU
succeeds in connecting netfront<->netback, e.g. there is no timeout
and the
MAC address is set correctly. If I rem in the xs_transaction_* calls,
the backend does not get the probe callback and nothing works.

Similar is true if I wrap each xs_write in a transaction_start-end pair.

   char s[256];
   char s2[256];

   int vifid = 2000 + domid;

   char* dom0_home = xs_get_domain_path(xs,0);
   printf("dom0_home is %s\n",dom0_home);

   char backend[256];
   char frontend[256];
   sprintf(backend,"%s/backend/vif/%d/%d",dom0_home,vifid,domid);
   sprintf(frontend, "%s/device/vif/%d",home,vifid);

   //xs_transaction_start(xs);

   sprintf(s,"%s/frontend",backend);
   xs_w(s, frontend );

   sprintf(s,"%s/frontend-id",backend);