Re: [Xen-devel] USB frontend and backend disappeared from latest unstabl

To: sanjay kumar <sanjay.kushwaha@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] USB frontend and backend disappeared from latest unstable tree
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:30:56 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:36:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just did a "hg pull -u" on my unstable tree and realized that the USB virtualization related code disappeared (e.g. /linux-2.6-xen-sparse/drivers/xen/usbfront/ and /linux-2.6-xen-sparse/drivers/xen/usbback/ directories are not present). I traced the changes to the changeset 7027:06d84bf87159 which was committed on september 22 by djm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Could someone please tell me if this was intended (and why?) or is it a mistake?

Yes, it didn't work at all. There's a new driver being developed out of tree I believe, by IBM.

 -- Keir