[Xen-devel] Performance isolation in Xen

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Performance isolation in Xen
From: John L Griffin <jlg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:51:55 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:49:49 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A few weeks ago I posted about my interest in developing "resource
control" for Xen -- e.g., low-level mechanisms that could be used to
provide QoS guarantees to partitions, by enforcing SLA-type policies on
the resources (CPU, network, storage, etc.) consumed by each domain.

I've come up with a requirements/design document that describes the
motivation for this work and my initial plan of attack.  The document is
here:
http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~griffin2/xen/

As per the earlier discussion, it's not a simple problem, so I'm
interested to hear any comments on the expected effectiveness of this
proposed approach.  I'll update that page (and post updates here) as the
work progresses.

JLG