Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domU

To: NAHieu <nahieu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domU
From: Michael Vrable <mvrable@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:37:59 -0700
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:35:39 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size 1024 blocksize
> Xen virtual console successfully installed as tty1
> Event-channel device installed.
> xen_blk: Initialising virtual block device driver
> xen_blk: Timeout connecting to device!
> xen_net: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.
> NET: Registered protocol family 2
> IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
> TCP established hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
> TCP bind hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
> TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096)
> NET: Registered protocol family 1
> NET: Registered protocol family 17
> Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
> VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
> VFS: Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(2,0)
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)

Jon Mason made a post yesterday where he tracked the problem down (for
him) to the changeset "Move block device bind/unbind into hotplug
scripts" (e9d01c5dc7b4d6b7cda9ade0d137ddb89bb204cc).  I was running into
the same problem, and so based on his detective work tried installing
hotplug (actually hotplug and udev, but the first might be enough) in
domain-0.  Domain creation now works for me.

Check to see if you have hotplug installed in your domain-0, and if not,
whether installing it makes a difference.

--Michael Vrable